Strategic Workforce Solutions Limited (‘SWS’ or ‘the Company’) is an HR Consulting firm that was established in 2014. The Company is incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Company offers services in HR Advisory, Performance Management, Change Management, Organizational Development, Policy and Process Development, Job Analysis & Evaluation, Outsourcing Executive Training & Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / General Counsel
Location: Wuse 2, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the Organization complies with appropriate legal requirements for the continued existence of the company and effectively mitigate the company’s legal exposure
- Perform all Company Secretarial and administrative duties of the Board of Directors and coordinate the organisation’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Provide oversight on all legal services activity aimed at managing the interface with the regulatory bodies and shareholders.
- Serve as the company’s chief legal adviser and company secretary
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the department’s strategy and ensure its alignment with the Organization’s corporate strategy, business goals and objectives
- Coordinate the drafting, vetting and review of all statutory and regulatory agreements, perfections, contracts and other formal arrangements including administrative and personnel matters
- Champion the articulation of alliance guidelines and agreement with third parties and liaise with operators/regulators in the industry to implement such
- Ensure the Organization’s compliance with stipulated statutes such as the Company and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), Banks and other Financial Institutions Decree (BOFID), Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other directorates of the institutions, incorporation compliance and corporate governance
- Act as secretary to the Organization’s management committee, draft and review minutes of board meetings and shareholders resolutions
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership
- Oversee company share transactions such as issuing new shares, arranging the payment of dividends and observing all legal requirements.
- Define, implement and ensure strict adherence with standard policies and procedures which guide both internal and external information dissemination
- Oversee the appointment of external legal solicitors to assist in providing legal services to the Organization
- Provide required Company Secretarial functions for Board and AGM meetings
- Attend to external inquiries on the directorate, incorporation and shareholding of the company
- Coordinate the liaison and retrieval/dissemination of information to the Organization’s Registrars in respect of share dividends/issues and related matters appropriately
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree with 7 – 10 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” (e.g Application as Company Secretary / General Counsel) as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th November, 2020.